- 5 dag of fresh yeast
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 50 dag flour
- 1 glass of warm milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 5 dag of butter
3 large onions
3 tbsp of poppy seeds
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tbsp of oil
1. The stuffing should be prepared a day before baking the cebularz.
2. Cut the onion into thick cubes, scald in boiling water and drain.
3. Mix the hot water with poppy seeds, salt, and oil, sprinkle with a little flour.
4. Transfer to a jar, seal tightly, and place in the refrigerator when cool.
5. Mix the yeast with the sugar, 2 tbsp of flour, and part of the warm milk. Leave it to rise.
6. Add the remaining warm milk and the melted butter to the leavening agent. Then add the sifted flour with salt. Whisk the egg with a fork and add to the remaining ingredients, possibly leaving 1 tbsp to brush the edges of the cebularze.
7. Knead the dough for 30 minutes, adding a little flour if necessary. Leave to rise for an hour.
8. Put the dough on a pastry board, knead and divide it into 12 parts. Roll each part into a pancake, place it on an oiled baking tray. Brush the edges of the pancakes with the remaining egg. Spread the onion stuffing. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
9. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius until golden.
Source: Poland Daily 24, lubelski.pl