- 200 g calflike liver (diced)
- 40 g of stale breadcrumbs soaked in milk
- 100 g beef marrow
- 2 teaspoons of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1,5 kg of beef tripe (scalded and cleaned)
- 2 l broth or water
- 2 carrots, parsley, half a celery, 2 leeks
- 1 onion
- quarter teaspoon each of ground ginger, nutmeg, ground pepper, coriander, mustard seed, and cumin
- allspice, bay leaf
- 80 g butter
- 2 tbsp flour
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the chopped mirepoix, and fry.
2. Pour cold water over tripe, let stand for 20 minutes, and strain.
3. Pour in the water again and boil, then drain again.
4. Pour the broth over the strained tripe, add the previously prepared mirepoix. Season and cook for about 40 minutes until soft.
5. Thicken the soup with a roux and add grated ginger.
1. In a bowl, grate the egg yolk with the beef marrow, add the bread crumbs, liver, and parsley.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Finally, gently stir in the beaten egg whites.
3. Form meatballs with a spoon and put them on the boiling broth. Cook for about 7 minutes.
When both soup and meatballs are ready, serve them together as the Warsaw tripe 😋
Source: Poland Daily 24