The monument was erected on the initiative of the son of one of the figures commemorated by the sculpture, Julian Eugeniusz Kulski (1929-2021), a Warsaw insurgent, a colonel in the Polish Army, professor of architecture, founder of the Kulski Foundation for Polish-American relations, knight of the Commander's Cross with Star of the Order of Polonia Restituta.
The sculpture was designed and created by an artist Paweł Pietrusiński, who was inspired by a historic photograph from 1937, taken during a walk of the two presidents on the Vistula boulevards. The monument was created thanks to the inspiration of Kazimierz Sztarbałło, an art historian and Varsovian.
Five days before the unveiling of the monument to the Presidents of Greater Warsaw, the foundation act was bricked up in its foundations.
Source: Poland Daily 24, PAP MediaRoom