- 4 very ripe bananas, (medium/large)
- 1 cup of sunflower oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup trail mix
- ½ cup dried apricots
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Whip the egg whites and at the same time add sugar gradually.
3. After you crack the eggs, remember to save the yolks.
4. Sift flour into a bowl.
5. Add yolks and mix.
6. Add baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
7. Add a cup of oil and mix it all together.
8. Mash bananas with a fork or blender in a separate bowl.
9. Cream together the mashed bananas and the dough.
10. Chop the trail mix and dried apricots into smaller pieces.
11. Add it into the bowl and mix with a spoon.
12. Use the bakery paper and a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep) or 2 smaller bread loaf pans. The dough will rise a little bit, so leave about 5 inches of the pan.
13. Bake for an hour at 356°F.
Source: Poland Daily 24