- 6 small potatoes,
- 50.7 fl oz / 1.5 litres of chicken broth,
- 1 large bunch of young beets with their stems and leaves attached or 2 small bunches,
- 3.38 fl oz / 100 ml heavy cream,
- a pinch of all-purpose flour,
- 1 teaspoon sugar,
- chopped dill,
- salt and pepper.
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and then cut the leaves, and stems of the young beets. Next, peel the roots and cut them into cubes too.
2. Put the veggies into the broth and boil them. Remember to put the potatoes first, boil them for a couple of minutes, and then add the chopped beets. The veggies must be soft!
3. Add a pinch of flour to the heavy cream and combine them with a beater.
4. Add the heavy cream to the soup, you can temper it before or make sure that the mixture is not too cold. We don’t want it to curdle! Or use a heavy cream 30 fat, it never curdles.
5. Bring the soup to boil and add 1 teaspoon of sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
6*. Optionally, you can reduce the heat and then add some lemon juice to improve the soup’s colour.
Serve with hard-boiled eggs and chopped dill.
Source: Poland Daily 24