3.5 ounces/100g of honey,
1.75 ounces/50g of sugar,
3.3 fluid ounces/100ml of milk,
1.3 fluid ounces/40ml of rum,
7 ounces/200g of butter,
2 teaspoons of baking soda,
14 ounces/400g of wheat flour,
Dulce de leche cream with walnuts,
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (17.85 ounces/510g),
8.75 ounces/250g of soft butter,
5.25 ounces/150g of walnuts.
1.4 ounces/40g of walnuts,
1.4 ounces/40g of pecan,
1.4 ounces/40g of salted peanuts,
1.75 ounces/50g of dark chocolate (not necessary).
Part 1 - Pastry:
1. Melt honey in a saucepan with the sugar, and mix it.
2. Add milk, rum and butter to the hot mass and mix until melted.
3. Then mix it with baking soda and let it cool.
4. Pour the flour into a larger bowl, add the mass from the saucepan and mix.
5. Add the eggs and mix all ingredients into a smooth pastry.
6. Put it on a floured pastry board and form a smooth ball. Divide it into 6 equal parts.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C (top and bottom without a fan).
8. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
9. Roll out each part to the size of the baking tray. Sprinkle with flour if necessary.
10. Put the first part into the baking tray and put it in the oven.
11. Bake for about 6 - 7 minutes (do not overcook the tops too much). Repeat with all 6 parts.
12. When you bake all 6 cakes, let them cool.
Part 2 - Dulce de leche cream with walnuts:
13. Put the closed can with condensed milk into a pot, cover with water and boil it.
14. Then cook for about 2 and 1/2 hours over moderate heat (the water should slightly bubble) until it turns into a Dulce de leche inside.
15. Take the can out of the pot, and let it cool. Remember, do not open the can while hot!
16. Open it and put the dulce de leche in a bowl, and let it cool completely.
17. Beat the butter until it is fluffy and then gradually add the cooled dulce de leche while whisking it.
18. Crush the nuts in a mixer and mix with the mass.
19. Place the first cake on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
20. Spread the dulce de leche on it, then put the other cake and spread dulce de leche again. Repeat.
21. Chop walnuts, pecan and peanuts.
22. Sprinkle the top with chopped nuts, and then pour over the melted dessert chocolate (not necessary).
23. Put Miodownik in the fridge overnight.
Source: Poland Daily 24