back to top

    History Of The Polish National Opera

    Opera was first brought to Poland 30 years after appearing in Florence, by Royal Prince Ladislaus IV Vasa. In 1628 the Prince invited the first Italian opera troupe to Warsaw. For more than 170 years the Grand Theater has been the leading opera and ballet theatre in Poland. The process of building it started in 1825 and ended in 1833. During WW 2 it was almost completely ruined.

    More in section

    2,222FansLike
    359FollowersFollow
    1,164FollowersFollow