On October 2, 1882, Tymon Niesiołowski, a Polish painter, graphic artist, and educator passed away but we remember him since then. The Faculty of Fine Arts of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń named its main lecture hall after him. At the Faculty of Fine Arts of Nicolaus Copernicus University, the Medal of Tymon Niesiołowski for the Best Art Diploma in painting, graphics, and sculpture.
Tymon Niesiołowski in his works represented the trend of new classicism in the twenties. The most frequently recurring motif in Niesiołowski’s paintings was the nude in the background of the Arcadian landscape or indoor. Still nature was also a frequently developed topic. Gustav Klimt’s Art Nouveau styling had a particularly strong influence on Niesiołowski’s early works. The fascination with the paintings of Paul Gauguin was also significant; Władysław Ślewiński, associated with the Pont-Aven school, gave him a lesson regarding Synthetism and Cloisonism. Besides his contribution to Polish culture and art, Tymon Niesiołowski was awarded the Order of Polonia Restituta and two the Cross of Merit decorations.
Today is the last day when you can see his works as a part of the temporary gallery in CIRCUS in the Xawery Dunikowski Museum of Sculpture, a division of the National Museum in Warsaw, located in an idyllic Palladian palace named Królikarnia (The Rabbit House).