back to top

    Police officers arrest four perpetrators who recorded video of their assault [VIDEO]

    Estimated reading time: 2 minutes

    Police officers have detained four people following a brutal assault that occurred in Gorzów Wielkopolski. Thanks to efficient action, officers quickly reached the suspects. The detainees include three adults and one juvenile. In the case of the youngest, the court decided to place him in a shelter for minors. The three others were temporarily arrested by the court at the request of the prosecutor’s office.

    Gorzów police officers were informed of the assault on Thursday (9 March) at around 7 p.m. Officers went to the victim, who described the incident, which was said to have occurred at around 6 p.m. The 20-year-old had visible extensive facial injuries. As he related, he was attacked by several people he knew. The situation was said to have taken place twice in quick succession. After the assault in the vicinity of the Lubuski Bridge, the suspects fled.

    Officers, having gathered the necessary information, began searching for the suspects. On Nadbrzeżna Street, police officers spotted two people who could be linked to the incident. Officers detained an 18-year-old and a 21-year-old. From the information gathered, it appeared that they were not all involved in the situation. Police officers continued to operate within the city, which led to the detention of a further two people – a 16- and an 18-year-old.

    They were all taken to Gorzow police headquarters. In a case conducted under the supervision of the Gorzow district prosecutor’s office, it was established that the beating was recorded with a phone. The footage shows the victim being brutally attacked. The suspects hit him all over his body and he was also kicked in the head. The footage is being secured as evidence in the proceedings.

    In the case of the detained 16-year-old, the family court decided to place him in a juvenile shelter for three months. In the case of the suspects two 18-year-olds and a 21-year-old, the public prosecutor, after collecting the necessary evidence, applied for temporary custody. On Saturday (11 March), the court decided that the suspects would spend the next three months in custody.

    Source: Gorzów Wlkp. Police Headquarters

    More in section