A traditional country soup. It is very popular not only in the region of Świętokrzyskie Mountains but probably in the whole country. Simple and extremely tasty has been present in the cuisine of Świętokrzyskie for years.
– 500 ml sourdough of sour rye soup
– 3 liters of water
– 8-10 potatoes
– 250 g country sausage
– 150 g bacon
– 6 g dried mushrooms
– 1 large carrot
– 1 parsley root
– ½ celery
– 1 medium onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 3-4 bay leaves
– 4 grains of allspice
– 50 ml of sweet cream
– pinch of sugar
– black pepper
1. Peel all the vegetables.
2. Dice the potatoes and cut the carrots into half slices. Pour water over the potatoes so that they are covered.
3. Add carrots, chopped mushrooms, parsley, celery, mushroom water, bay leaves, and allspice.
4. Cook until potatoes and carrots are tender. Meanwhile, cut the sausage into half slices and bacon into small cubes.
5. Add bacon and sausage and fry on a hot skillet and sauté over medium heat. Remove the fried sausage with bacon to a plate, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
6. Add the finely chopped onion to the pan and sauté until the onion is glazed.
7. Remove the celery and parsley from the potatoes. Add the bacon, sausage, onion, sourdough, and squeezed garlic. Season to taste with spices.
9. Cook for about 10 minutes. At the end of cooking add cream and marjoram crushed in your hands.