Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Original minced meat cutlets (kotlety mielone) are one of the most classic dishes in Polish cuisine, always enjoying popularity among connoisseurs. The proposed recipe for minced meat cutlets in Polish will delight every palate, combining tradition with simplicity of preparation. Get ready for a culinary experience!
Although minced meat cutlets are now considered a classic Polish dish, they have their roots in European cuisine. They began to gain popularity in Poland in the 19th century when minced meat started to be combined with additional ingredients, creating distinctive cutlets. This dish quickly became a favorite choice both in urban and rural areas due to its simplicity and the affordability of ingredients.
- 500g minced meat (pork-beef mix or a single type of meat)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Preparing the meat mixture:
- In a bowl, mix minced meat, chopped onion, pressed garlic, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Add milk to make the mixture more juicy.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
Forming the cutlets:
- Wet your hands to prevent the meat mixture from sticking to them.
- Shape the cutlets with a diameter of about 8-10 cm and a thickness of 1-2 cm. Ensure they have a uniform structure.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the cutlets on both sides until golden brown. Try not to flip them too often to retain the juiciness of the meat inside.
- After frying, drain excess fat on a paper towel.
Minced meat cutlets pair well with mashed potatoes or buckwheat. Serve them with your favorite sauce, such as tomato, mushroom, or dill.