back to top

    Police have entered the local pub in Sopot concerning the case of Iwona Wieczorek

    “Police entered the Sopot local Nowa Zatoka pub,” reported. According to the editors, this is related to the case of the disappearance of Iwona Wieczorek in 2010.

    As reports, the police entered the premises of Nowa Zatoka in Sopot today. The services confirmed these reports. The police action is probably related to the case of Iwona Wieczorek, who went missing years ago. 

    Nowa Zatoka is a pub that was established on the site of the notorious "Zatoka Sztuki". In 2020, Sylwester Latkowsks's film “Nic się nie stało” (Nothing Happened – ed.) depicted the backstage of shady business dealings and dubious affairs of a moral nature allegedly taking place at the premises. 

    In recent days, the police have detained two people in the case of the disappearance of Iwona Wieczorek. This is a breakthrough in an investigation that has been ongoing for more than 12 years. 

    “The detainees were taken to Krakow, where the prosecutor presented them with charges relating to the commission of drug offences. In addition, charges were announced to Paweł P. for obstructing criminal proceedings by removing traces and evidence, obliterating traces of the crime, and providing false information in the case concerning Iwona Wieczorek,”

    the prosecutor’s office stated.

    The case is currently being investigated by prosecutors from the X Archive, operating in the Malopolska Regional Division of the Department for Organised Crime and Corruption of the National Public Prosecutor’s Office in Krakow.

    Iwona Wieczorek was last seen on the night of 16-17 July 2010. The then 19-year-old girl had gone with friends to a club in Sopot after a barbecue at the allotment. After leaving the disco, she was walking home alone in Gdańsk. She was registered by surveillance cameras in several places, but the girl has never come back home. A 12-year search failed to turn up any trace of her. 

    Read also:

    More in section