back to top

    Reviving Willa Palace: A Chronicle of Resilience

    The notorious Willa Palace, once the Gestapo headquarters known as the “Katownia Podhala” during WWII, has been reborn as the Museum Palace. Funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, and the Małopolskie Voivodeship, the restoration of this historical site has culminated in the grand opening of the Museum Palace.

    Initiated in 2020, the project aimed to create a museum that would narrate the intricate tales of Podhale residents during the German occupation. Scheduled to open its doors on March 27, the permanent exhibition promises to unfold the multifaceted history of the region.

    This new branch of the Tatra Museum, named after Dr. Tytus Chałubiński, offers a space for dialogue and education. Alongside the permanent exhibition, the auditorium will host conferences and educational activities, fostering discussions about the 1939-1945 period.

    The guiding theme, “Never Again War,” resonates through the project, emphasizing its commitment to peace. Minister of Culture and National Heritage provided targeted funding for the building purchase, with additional support from the European Union and the Małopolskie Voivodeship.

    More in section

    2,226FansLike
    359FollowersFollow
    1,164FollowersFollow