Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
From November 3rd to November 30th, 2023, the Royal Łazienki Museum in Warsaw is inviting visitors to participate in “Free November.” This annual event, now in its twelfth year, is organized by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, providing free access to the museum and offering a rich program of cultural experiences.
During “Free November,” visitors can explore the following attractions for free:
- Palace on the Isle: Ground floor with the Royal Gallery of Paintings.
- Old Orangery: Including the Royal Theatre, the Royal Gallery of Sculpture, and the Gallery of Polish Sculpture.
- Myślewicki Palace: Ground floor featuring historical polychromes by Jan Bogumił Plersch.
- Museum of Hunting and Horsemanship: Exhibitions of forest and exotic animals in the Kantonists’ Barracks.
The program also includes temporary exhibitions:
- Podchorążówka: “Mattia Preti: Uncovering the Baroque Secrets of Malta.”
- Old Orangery: “The Promise of Happiness” with marble sculptures by Maria Papa Rostkowska.
- Kantonists’ Barracks: Educational exhibition “What Do We Know About Mushrooms?”
Additionally, guided tours and educational activities are offered, providing insights into the history and art of the Royal Łazienki:
- “Social Life at the Court of King Stanisław August” (November 9th, 16:00-17:00, Palace on the Isle).
- “Exploring the Interiors of the Old Orangery” (November 16th, 16:00-17:00, Old Orangery).
- “Mythological Themes in the Palace on the Isle” (November 23rd, 16:00-17:00, Palace on the Isle).
- “Myślewicki Palace of Prince Józef Poniatowski” (November 30th, 16:00-17:00, Myślewicki Palace).
For creative souls, workshops are available, including cross-stitch embroidery and weaving on Jacquard looms. Families can enjoy a creative space in the Old Kordegard, named “Frida and Frida and Fridita.”
Furthermore, “Free November” offers 150 free museum lessons for preschools and primary and secondary schools. These engaging lessons, led by passionate museum educators, delve into the history of the 18th-century royal residence and local fauna and flora.
Join the cultural celebration of “Free November” and explore the cultural richness of the Royal Łazienki Museum in Warsaw.