The journey through the Małopolska Region should begin with oscypek and obwarzanka. When visiting the capital city of Małopowlska Region, you have to try the most popular dishes like sour rye soup or borsch.
The most popular treats in the Małopolska Region are oscypek – a smoked regional cheese, bryndza podhalańska – a soft, fresh cheese with a pungent and specific taste from the Podhale region, and of course obwarzanek – braided ring-shaped bread sprinkled with poppy seeds, salt, or sesame seeds.
The most popular dishes in Lesser Poland are:
– żurek po krakowku (sour rye soup),
– barszcz czerowny po krakowsku (Krakowian borsch),
– sułkowicka krzonówka – Bright, potage soup with horseradish skin. Visible pieces of sliced meat, and egg quarters. All sprinkled with greens,
– zupa zoproska – potage, slushy with visible soup ingredients,
– tarcioki – elongated elliptical noodles,
– prażonki polańskie – slices of potatoes and carrots with diced sausage, bacon and onion, and finely chopped parsley.
Stay tuned! We are preparing recipes for dishes from Małopolska Region ?