back to top

    German Giant Takes Over Warsaw Dairy: Polish Companies Sold Off Under New Government

    The German dairy giant DMK Deutsches Milchkontor is set to acquire a controlling stake in the Warsaw-based dairy company, Mlekoma Dairy. According to the industry portal forummleczarskie.pl, DMK, which already holds a 51% stake in Mlekoma Dairy, plans to purchase the remaining 49% shares, making it the sole owner of the Polish firm.

    This development comes amidst increasing concerns about the growing influence of foreign companies in the Polish market. DMK’s recent application to the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection signals the final steps in this acquisition process. If approved, DMK will consolidate its position as the dominant force in the Polish dairy industry.

    DMK Deutsches Milchkontor is the largest dairy cooperative in Germany, with extensive operations involving thousands of partners and over 20 facilities across Germany and other countries. The acquisition of Mlekoma Dairy, which has been operational since 1994 and runs production plants in Brzeziny and Przasnysz, marks a significant expansion of DMK’s footprint in Poland.

    This move highlights a broader trend of foreign acquisitions of Polish companies, raising questions about the future of local enterprises under the current governmental policies. The sale of Polish firms to foreign entities could have far-reaching implications for the country’s economy and its domestic industries.

    More in section

    2,219FansLike
    359FollowersFollow
    1,164FollowersFollow