At the moment, the list of people to be evacuated includes about 100 people who cooperated with the Polish Military Contingent,” said the Head of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, Michał Dworczyk. As he added, two Polish aircraft are already on their way to Afghanistan and the third one will take off soon.
“The cases of Polish citizens are sporadic and concern people who cooperated with the Polish Military Contingent,” Dworczyk explained, reminding that the Polish embassy in Kabul has not been operating for several years.
“Our diplomats are trying to find everyone who reported to the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs as those who want to leave,” Michał Dworczyk assured in an interview with Polsat News.
He said that on the instructions of the Prime Minister, the evacuation operation was coordinated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and from the logistical side – by the Polish armed forces and the Ministry of Defense.
He said the situation in Afghanistan is unstable. Just organising from the technical side, the loading of these people from the planes that will arrive in Kabul for everyone is a big challenge. It is about verifying people who appear at the airport,” Michał Dworczyk said in an interview with Polsat News.
He assured that Poland would do everything to evacuate the Afghans cooperating with the Polish side. Just as Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki announced, they would do everything so that everyone who cooperated with Polish soldiers and diplomats, and today needs help, would receive such help.
Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki had already announced the start of the evacuation operation on Monday. “Poland does not leave its allies and friends in need. We are constantly monitoring the situation in Afghanistan. On my instructions, the first plane will soon depart for Afghanistan, which will be used to evacuate those in need of our care,” the Prime Minister communicated on his Facebook.