Since Kielce is associated with the wind, the city organizes the "Wind Festival". This event promotes the capital of the Świętokrzyskie region in many fields. In the first edition of the event, which took place in September 2022, the program includes various events carried out by specialists. There will be family picnics, sports competitions, concerts, many interesting workshops, exhibitions, and performances.
The program of the festival includes:
- Aeropicnic - scheduled for September 17, from 13.00-19.00 at the Kielce University of Technology;
- Ethereal Fashion Show and macrame exhibition - September 18, at 17.00 at the Bus Station in Kielce;
- "A day with a bow"- September 22, at 16.00 at the facilities of the Stella Sports Club, ul. Krakowska 374;
- Competition for the most spectacular kite - final on September 23, at 10.00 at the Market Square in Kielce;
- Photo competition "Wiecz(trz)ne Kielce"
- Sailing Regatta for the Cup of the President of Kielce - September 24, from 12.00-15.00 in the Kielce Lagoon;
- Exhibition of photographs on flags entitled "A little pleasure" - September 16-25 in the Botanical Garden in Kielce, during the Garden's working hours.
Check the pictures of the Kielce city below:
The city competes for the title of the European Capital of Culture. In 2029, two cities will receive the title of the European capitals of culture and special financial support. The cities will be chosen accordingly - one from Poland and one from Sweden.
Source: Poland Daily 24, kielce.eu