You made a delicious broth and there is leftover meat in your fridge? Don’t worry, Polish meat croquettes will save you! Of course, this idea can reduce wasting food at your home but you can also use special meat for filling. Check our directions!
- 2 onions
- fresh parsley
- 500g of meat (500 grams = 17.637 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- a cup of flour
- salt and pepper
- bread crumbs
- ½ cup of milk
- Fry onions in butter and when they are soft and delicate, add minced meat. If you use leftover meat, you just need to mince it and heat it with onions. Add seasonings and parsley.
- Put the filling aside and start to make some Polish crepes. Get a large bowl, and add flour and a pinch of salt. Then, gradually pour in milk and water and mix. Add eggs and mix again. The mixture should not contain lumps. Preheat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat with oil. Pour enough batter to cover the surface of the pan and fry until golden brown.
- Now, you need to take one crepe, add meat filling and form a cylinder or pattie-shaped croquette.
- Cover each croquette in beaten eggs and then in bread crumbs and fry. Use hot oil and fry until the croquettes are brown.
- Serve hot with borsch.