The most popular treats in the Małopolska Region are oscypek – a smoked regional cheese, bryndza podhalańska – a soft, fresh cheese with a pungent and specific taste from the Podhale region, and of course obwarzanek – braided ring-shaped bread sprinkled with poppy seeds, salt, or sesame seeds.
The most popular dishes in Lesser Poland are:
- żurek po krakowku (sour rye soup),
- barszcz czerowny po krakowsku (Krakowian borsch),
- sułkowicka krzonówka - Bright, potage soup with horseradish skin. Visible pieces of sliced meat, and egg quarters. All sprinkled with greens,
- zupa zoproska - potage, slushy with visible soup ingredients,
- tarcioki - elongated elliptical noodles,
- prażonki polańskie - slices of potatoes and carrots with diced sausage, bacon and onion, and finely chopped parsley.
Stay tuned! We are preparing recipes for dishes from Małopolska Region 😋
Source: Poland Daily 24, malopolska.pl