- 1 small roll (preferably stale),
- milk or water to soak the roll,
- 1/2 kg minced meat (e.g., pork ham),
- 1 medium onion (grated),
- 1 egg,
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper,
- about 1/4 cup of cold water,
- lard, clarified butter, or oil.
1. Pour milk or water over the roll, set aside to soak for about 10 - 15 minutes.
2. Put the minced meat, finely grated onion, egg, salt, and pepper and soaked roll into a large bowl. Mix it well.
3. While mixing, add cold water a little at a time and knead until the meat absorbs the water and does not stick to your hands. The longer you knead, the better the frikadeller.
4. Shape frikadelle into oblong cutlets, coat them in breadcrumbs and place them in well-heated oil in a frying pan.
5. After frying on both sides, put the chops into a pot or heatproof dish (uncovered) and place in a preheated to 150 degrees Celsius oven for about 15 minutes. You will avoid long frying and the chops will be perfectly soft inside.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes and beets.
Source: Poland Daily 24